Do you love acting in a play and just can't wait to get to opening night? Then join the Depot Theatre for a fast-track, super-fun experience called A Play in a Day! In just one day, students will read, audition for, be cast in, rehearse AND perform a short play for an audience! In addition, students will create characters with props and costumes and play improv games, too. The script for the workshop is an age-appropriate title from a publishing company that specializes in texts for young actors. This text will be totally new to students in the class, making it even more fun to experiment with and build together. Young actors will exercise their skills, making bold character choices, reading the text closely and working together. At 3:30pm, the play will be performed for an audience! Students will grow as actors and ensemble members as we work to put together A Play in a Day!
- Instructor: Merideth Maddox
- Assistant: Anna Stephens
- Day: Saturday
- Lunch will be from 12:00-1:00pm
- Performance will be at 3:30pm
- Instructor Bio: Merideth Maddox holds both a BFA (University of Florida) and MFA (FSU/Asolo Conservatory) in Acting and worked as a performer in regional theatre before moving to New York and beginning her work in theatre education. While in NYC, Merideth was the Director of the Young Actors Program at The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, a teacher of acting technique at the Professional Performing Art School, an annual guest lecturer at the School of Visual Arts and a private audition coach. Merideth relocated to Westchester to teach at Hackley School, where she has been teaching middle school theatre classes and directing multiple productions each year since 2009. Her favorite thing to tell young actors is "make bold choices!" Merideth lives in Ossining with her husband, daughter, and a mother-daughter rescue dog duo named Jolene and Ginger.
- As of today, we are requiring masks for all individuals who enter the Community Center.
- All youth program participants must wear masks at all time.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or experienced any symptoms in the past 10 days, please do not come to the program activity and call for more information.
- You will received more detailed COVID-19 protocol by email, one week prior to the program starting.