It’s the anti-aging workout for active older adults who are looking to improve balance, flexibility, and strength. For our “Barre Tenders”, the barre (or in most cases for students – a chair) is used as a prop for balance, while performing low-impact exercises that focus on isometric strength training (holding your body still while you contract a specific set of muscles) combined with high reps of small range-of-motion movements. For our class: NO actual Barre is required, just a chair or a solid surface (table, countertop, etc). Please note, however: There is no seated work with this program, you will be standing for the duration of class.
*Water, towel, and light hand weights are recommended -- but not required.
This class will be held in person and live streamed via ZOOM.
- Instructor: Cecily Hall
- Day: Friday
- Format: Live and Zoom
- This class will be livestreamed via zoon - zoom links will be emailed out 24 hours to the first class.
- Class size are limited so you can get the most out of each experience.
- Masks are strongly encourage for all participants. However if are not required to wear a mask if you are fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated, you are still required to wear a mask while indoors.
- As of today, we are requiring masks for all individuals who enter the Community Center. However, you may remove your mask during your program activity.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 or experienced any symptoms in the past 10 days, please do not come to the program activity and call for more information.